Monday, July 12, 2010

Time is flying...and we are having fun too!


I can't believe it's has been 3 months since I updated the blog. I guess it's true that you take tons of pictures the first year, then fall off the wagon (so to speak). I have been busy yes, but I need to do better. Wyatt is 15 months now. Can you believe it? I looked at him the other day while he was walking around the kitchen and carrying a cardboard box, talking to himself - and I was overwhelmed by images of him from the day he was born. I hate to admit it, but I teared up. My little boy is growing up so fast. He is walking, talking and being rambunctious as boys are wont to do. He is also going through a hitting phase. But, I am hopeful that will pass as soon as he learns new words to voice his frustrations. So far he says: Mama, Dada, Yia-Yia, Pop, See, Side (outside), Hey and he tries to repeat things that we say too. Which should be evidence to his Daddy to clean up his language around him! Talking on the phone is a new game for him. He loves to hear people on the other end, or just pretend with our old cell phones. If he had his way these days we would be outside 24/7. He LOVES getting in the stroller and going walking. We do it twice a day on weekends and once during the week day. Man, it's HOT..but he loves it. I guess I would do if someone put me in a shaded contraption, gave me ice water and frozen fruit to chew on! People have been commenting on him in random places (read: total strangers) asking how is SHE or saying that the strolling is good for HER. haha!! I don't care. I have a pretty boy and that's ok with me! He gets it honestly because my Daddy was a pretty boy and so is Wyatt's Daddy. Nothing wrong with his big eyes and long eye lashes! Don't let that sweet exterior fool you though. This little man is TOUGH. He carries things all over the house, can throw and kick a ball pretty well. Looks like he may take after the Reed side of the family when it comes to ball sense. There is a long of baseball players on that side. We went to the beach earlier in the summer, just us three and my mother-in-law. We had SUCH a good time and Wyatt absolutely loves the water, beach and everything. We've got a little fish on our hands. Maybe a swim team is in the future. Who knows? He has a mouthful of teeth these days too, which are hard to brush by the way. All he wants to do is eat the toothbrush. Hopefully, a mouthful of cavities aren't in the future! We are enjoying every moment with this little fellow even when he is stepping our our last nerves and trying the patience we didn't even know we had! Hasta Luego!

No comments: