Saturday, July 19, 2008

One Hand in My Pocket

Have you heard the lateset accoustic version of this song. I guess, in an effort to ressurect her career, Alanis Morrisette decided to release this hit again. It's not a bothersome re-do, but an unnecessary one. I like the older version better. Maybe because it's a bit nostalgic and I see myself bopping along to it in my cherry red grand prix. That was 1996. Wow...

I actually listened to the lyrics yesterday whilst walking my dog. Have you done that? Not walked your dog, but actually paid attention to the lyrics of a song. Maybe it's the reader in me. I look for meaning and symbolism in way too many things. Those advanced comp courses in college..that's what I blame. Anyway, these lyrics should be the anthem for my generation. Especially the words.."nobody's got it figured out just yet." An anthem for those of us who can't crawl out of the black hole that is our existence after graduation and starting the rest of our lives. Who else is sick of waiting for that to happen?